Traffic ticket lawyers Houston are the experts to call when you receive a traffic citation. If you go ahead and simply pay the fine, it is the same as an admission of guilt; and the consequences can be very negative. When you understand everything involved with a conviction on a traffic violation, you also understand it is best to check with traffic ticket lawyers in Houston before simply pleading no contest or guilty to an alleged offense.
Traffic Offenses that Stick
There are various negative ramifications of traffic violation convictions, and they can potentially affect different areas of your life. The best thing to do, whenever possible, is to take steps to get a traffic ticket dismissed. One way to get a dismissal of a traffic violation is to take a defensive driving course.
There are some traffic citations that cannot be dismissed, due to the nature of the violation. It is highly recommended that you contact traffic ticket lawyers in Houston if you receive any of the following citations, which cannot be dismissed:
- Speeding at a rate that is 25 miles per hour higher than the posted speed limit.
- Unlawfully passing a school bus, such as when the bus stop sign is engaged.
- Committing serious violations, such as making erratic lane changes and driving recklessly.
- If you are a driver of a commercial vehicle and receive a citation for a traffic violation.
- If you have already taken advantage of the opportunity to take a court-ordered defensive driving course in response to a traffic ticket within the 12-month-period before receiving the current citation.
- If you fail to provide assistance and information after being involved in a traffic accident.
Driver’s License Suspension
There are some convictions for traffic violations which can automatically result in license suspension, and you should contact an attorney for Traffic Ticket Houston TX for assistance:
- Driving while intoxicated by either alcohol or drugs.
- If you are found guilty of a subsequent conviction on charges of illegally passing a school bus.
- A hit and run collision, in which you fail to stop and render aid after being in a collision in which one or more individuals may have been or was injured or killed.
- Driving without a valid driver’s license.
- Displaying or possessing an altered or fictitious driver’s license.
- Driving recklessly or negligently habitually.
- Driving when your driver’s license has been revoked or suspended.
In Texas, getting a traffic conviction is not viewed by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) as an isolated event. Because every traffic citation earns a certain number of points and the points add up and can lead to several negative consequences, hiring experienced Houston traffic ticket lawyers is advisable. TxDOT tracks violations and keeps a record of corresponding penalties. If you have an accumulation of points on your driving record, your driver’s license could be suspended.
With even 2 points on your driving record, you can expect that your automobile insurance rates will go up.
Don’t hesitate to contact traffic ticket lawyers Houston if you receive a traffic citation and want to pursue the best possible outcome.