Suspended license attorney Texas City can help when you lose your driving privileges. There are many different reasons that Texas motorists end up with a suspended driver’s license. It is highly advisable that you hire a suspended license attorney Texas City, to get the best possible outcome from your case.
Reasons a Texas Driver’s License is Suspended
Many drivers are surprised to learn that they suddenly have a suspended license. It’s important to understand how moving violations and other traffic-related offenses can lead to license suspension, to avoid being caught unaware. For any of the following reasons and more, you may need a suspended license attorney Texas City:
- Drug offenses do not need to be committed while operating a motor vehicle, yet a drug-related conviction will automatically result in a 180-day license suspension. Anyone convicted of a drug offense who does not have a driver’s license may not obtain one for the same 180-day period.
- If you fail or refuse a breath or blood test after being arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol, your driver’s license may be suspended for up to 2 years. If the driver has a commercial driver’s license (CDL), there will be an automatic one-year suspension and disqualification.
- If a driver under 21 years of age is convicted of any of the offenses below, his or her driver’s license will be suspended for 30 days for a first offense, 60 days if there are a second offense and 180 days for a third offense. The offenses are if a minor:
- Is found guilty of public intoxication.
- Purchases alcohol.
- Attempts to purchase alcohol.
- Misrepresents his or her age.
- Is in possession of alcohol.
- Traffic violations can also lead to license suspension and the need for a suspended license attorney Texas City. Habitual traffic violations are defined as receiving four or more moving violations within a 12-month-period or seven or more moving violations within a 24-month period. A provisional driver who is under 18 years old who is cited for two or less than four moving violations within 12 months could have their license suspended. You may also want to get a Traffic ticket lawyer Texas City to help you best navigate the justice system and make sure to get the best outcome.
- If a person is operating a motor vehicle during a period when their license is revoked, canceled, or suspended, he or she is subject to an additional period of license suspension for the same length of time as the original suspension.
- Failing to carry auto liability insurance can also result in license suspension, on a second conviction.
Don’t hesitate to contact a suspended license attorney Texas City for legal assistance.