Contact a suspended license attorney Houston for help if your license has been suspended or if you are facing a traffic conviction which could result in loss of driving privileges. When you lose your license, it is essential that you don’t drive. To possibly avoid having to deal with transportation issues such as bus schedules, walking distances, and taxi expenses, hire an experienced suspended license attorney in Houston.
Convictions which Result in a Suspended Driver’s License
All drivers should be aware that a driver’s license suspension can be the result of many different traffic violations or combinations of traffic convictions. A suspended driver’s license attorney in Houston may be needed for any of the following reasons and more:
- A conviction for driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is one of the most common reasons drivers need the expertise of a suspended license attorney in Houston.
- Carrying a minimum of auto insurance coverage is mandatory in Texas if you own an automobile. Your driver’s license can be suspended if you drive without car insurance. It is recommended that you hire a suspended license attorney in Houston to handle your case.
- Failing a blood alcohol test or refusing to submit to a Breathalyzer test results in driver’s license suspension.
- If you are convicted of multiple moving violations, you are deemed a habitual traffic offender (HTO) and should contact an attorney in Houston with experience handling suspended driver’s license Drivers are deemed to be an HTO if they commit four or more traffic violations in one year’s time or if they commit seven traffic violations in two years’ time. An HTO faces possible jail time and additional fines if caught driving when his or her license is suspended.
- In Texas, failure to pay child support can result in license revocation, which many people are unaware of. Contact a Suspended License Lawyer Houston for assistance facing the difficulties and legal hurdles involved with license suspension.
Temporary Occupational Permits
A suspended license attorney in Houston can possibly help you obtain a temporary occupational permit, also known as an essential need permit, if your driver’s license has been suspended. An occupational permit can only be used as necessary transportation to get to work, get to school, or to carry out necessary functions related to the household.
There are some circumstances in which drivers cannot qualify for an essential need or restricted occupational permit, in which case a suspended license attorney in Houston can help you reinstate your license as quickly as possible. Requests for a restricted license are denied for the following reasons:
- If the reason for your license suspension involves failure to pay child support.
- If a medical condition is the reason your license was suspended.
- If your request is for a license in order to drive a commercial vehicle.
There are usually many fees and penalties involved with license suspension, in addition to creating everyday complications. You can simplify and expedite the process of dealing with a license revocation by hiring a suspended license attorney Houston.