DUI lawyer Texas City is highly recommended for anyone charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It is a crime to drive while intoxicated. DUI charges are serious and can have far-reaching consequences. The following is information about possible penalties for DUI in Texas and the benefits of hiring an attorney.
DUI Penalties in Texas
For a first offense of driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol in Texas, the following are the possible charges:
- A fine of up to $2,000.
- Suspension of your driver’s license for up to two years.
- Serving time in jail for between 3 and 180 days.
- Required payment of an annual surcharge of up to $2,000 for three years, in order to avoid revocation of your driver’s license.
- Mandatory education or DUI intervention program.
- Possibly being required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle.
Reasons to Hire a DUI Lawyer Texas City
A look at penalties for a DUI conviction provides reason enough to hire a lawyer. There are definite benefits to hiring a DUI lawyer Texas City, including the following.
- The legal system can be complicated, and experienced DUI attorneys are familiar with all of the legalities involved with alleged drunk driving charges in the state of Texas.
- Fighting DUI charges involves courtroom matters that a DUI lawyer Texas City has experience with. You have a lot to lose when facing drunk driving charges. An experienced attorney is your best chance for the best possible outcome.
- If you end up with a DUI conviction, it will remain on your permanent criminal record. This could affect your ability to get or keep a job. Attorneys may be able to find evidence that prevents a conviction from happening. For example, a DUI lawyer could expose the fact that evidence was obtained in an inadmissible manner.
- A huge amount of paperwork can be involved, when you are fighting DUI charges. An experienced lawyer will ensure that all forms are completed and filed on time.
- DUI defenses often hinge on matters such as a faulty Breathalyzer test or a rising blood alcohol content. Because an experienced DUI lawyer Texas City understands the science of impaired driving, legal representation can help you escape a DUI conviction.
Are you facing DUI charges? Depending on how you choose to handle the situation you may need a lawyer warrant roundup Texas City to help you avoid an embarrassing arrest. However, you may be able to avoid substantial punishment by contacting us for an experienced DUI lawyer Texas City.