DUI lawyer Texas City
DUI lawyer Texas City is highly recommended for anyone charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It is a crime to drive while intoxicated. DUI charges are serious and can have far-reaching consequences. The following is information about possible penalties for DUI in Texas and benefits of hiring an attorney.
DUI Penalties in Texas
For a first offense of driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol in Texas, the following are the possible charges:
- A fine of up to $2,000.
- Suspension of your driver’s license for up to two years.
- Serving time in jail for between 3 and 180 days.
- Required payment of an annual surcharge of up to $2,000 for three years, in order to avoid revocation of your driver’s license.
- Mandatory education or DUI intervention program.
- Possibly being required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle.
Reasons to Hire a DUI Lawyer Texas City
A look at penalties for a DUI conviction provides reason enough to hire a lawyer. There are definite benefits to hiring a DUI lawyer Texas City, including the following.
- The legal system can be complicated, and experienced DUI attorneys are familiar with all of the legalities involved with alleged drunk driving charges in the state of Texas.
- Fighting DUI charges involves courtroom matters that a DUI lawyer Texas City has experience with. You have a lot to lose, when facing drunk driving charges. An experienced attorney is your best chance for the best possible outcome.
- If you end up with a DUI conviction, it will remain on your permanent criminal record. This could affect your ability to get or keep a job. Attorneys may be able to find evidence that prevents a conviction from happening. For example, a DUI lawyer could expose the fact that evidence was obtained in an inadmissible manner.
- A huge amount of paperwork can be involved, when you are fighting DUI charges. An experience layer will ensure that all forms are completed and filed on time.
- DUI defenses often hinge on matters such as a faulty Breathalyzer test or a rising blood alcohol content. Because an experienced DUI lawyer Texas City understands the science of impaired driving, legal representation can help you escape a DUI conviction.
Are you facing DUI charges? You may be able to avoid substantial punishment by contacting us for an experienced DUI lawyer Texas City.