Are you searching “Bellaire TX Attorney for Traffic Tickets?” Monks Law Firm is here to help. Tried and true, we have been the Houston area’s go-to attorneys at law. If you are currently dealing with a traffic violation and need the best traffic ticket attorney around, Pat Monks is one of the best traffic ticket lawyers in the city.
With more than 25 years of experience practicing law as one of Houston’s top defense attorneys, Pat knows how to form a plan of attack for in handling your citation, whatever it may be. Whether you received tickets in Harris County, Fort Bend County, or any of the counties listed on our site, we can be of service. Here are some examples of traffic court cases our firm can help with.
Speeding tickets are the most prevalent citations that officers can issue out to Houston drivers on the road. According to a Houston Chronicle article, the Texas Department of Public Safety issued more than 500 speeding tickets in Houston last year, just within the first three months! No one is a saint while driving on the beltway, and sometimes speed limits are either overlooked or disregarded altogether.
With speeding tickets, there are two options you have at your disposal by way of handling the citation. The first is paying the fine straight up. We don’t recommend this route. Paying these tickets to add points to your license and might also raise your auto liability insurance premiums.
The Second Option
The second, most preferable case in our legal opinion, is fighting or amending the ticket. If you go with option number two, here’s how to do it.
- Appear in whatever court you are told to go for the ticket on the date given. At this time, if you have any information to help your case, now is the time to bring it up.
- Ask the judge or prosecutor to reduce the fine or amend the points that would be going towards your license. If this is your first ticket, you may be able to take a form of defensive driving to remediate the points on your driver’s license.
- If the judge or prosecutor refuses to work down the fine or points, enter a plea of “not guilty.” At that time, reach out to us to work your case, and we’ll schedule a date in court.
Whatever the reason for your speeding ticket, if you get pulled over in the Bellaire, Texas area, or any other Houston area, call Monks Law Firm. We can go from there to help keep these costly tickets off of your driving record.
Standard Driving Violations
These are your typical pullover situations, either involving driving without a proper license/registration, not wearing a seatbelt, or having a broken tail light. If you have encountered any infractions regarding moving these examples, we are ready to get this sort of thing straightened out. Other Standard Driving Violations include:
Running stop signs, failing to yield, and reckless driving all constitute as moving violations. Working based on the circumstances of your citation, we can make sure its taken care of right away. Houston roads can be as treacherous as they are crowded. Make sure to take caution before and while you drive throughout the city, and if anything happens, we’re here to defend you.
Never, under any circumstances, should you drive with open alcohol containers in your vehicle. Regardless of if it is empty or how well you think you drive, any instance where alcohol is involved can be not only downright dangerous to yourself and your passengers but also other drivers sharing the road as well. DWI’s are a serious offense that can land you not only jail time, but even a fine in the thousands of dollars! Not to mention legal representation will be taking the form of a criminal defense attorney since these are criminal charges we are dealing with now.
If you currently have a DWI call our law offices immediately and we can see what we can do to help. These charges require rigorous defense, and no other law firm in the Greater Houston Area can put up the fight as best as we can.
Driving commercially and receiving a ticket is a seemingly rare occurrence. However, at Monks Law Firm, we are always ready for the unexpected. Getting pulled over while driving a commercial vehicle isn’t as scary as having to lose your ability to drive for your living. Here is a list of instances tied to CDL offenses one might encounter:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol and refused to undergo testing
- Driving while under the influence of a controlled substance
- Fleeing the scene of an accident involving a commercial motor vehicle.
- Using a vehicle to commit a crime
- Driving recklessly while in a commercial vehicle
If any of these scenarios match up with yours, call now. We will do our best to keep your livelihood secured.
(P.S. If you are currently a commercial driver looking to renew their CDL, the FMSCA, or the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, is granting a waiver up until June 30 of this year regarding the renewal process for licenses. For more information, check out the FMSCA article on our website.)
Bellaire TX Attorney for Traffic Tickets
We’ve covered a broad spectrum of possible traffic tickets that we are more than capable of helping our clients work out. Of course, many other circumstances can occur. They can be examined, so if you or anyone you know has been given a traffic citation, contact our legal service offices today at (713)666-6657 or visit our traffic tickets page to see more pertinent information. We look forward to reviewing your case!
- Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States.with a population of about 2.3 million.
- More than a third of Houstonians older than five speak a language other than English at home.
- “Houston” was the first word spoken from the moon.
- Click here to find more cool facts about the city of Houston!